CAN YOU DRY CLEAN TABLECLOTHS?
When it comes to cleaning our home, we often think of the main things that always need to be cleaned: bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, etc. Sometimes it can be easy to overlook things like cleaning your throw pillows or washing your tablecloths; however, things like our tablecloths need to be cleaned as well. While some of our tablecloths can be easily cleaned at home, there are some more intricate tablecloths that should be cleaned at a dry cleaner. Keep reading to learn tips for cleaning your tablecloths!
How Often Should I Clean Tablecloths?
If you are using your tablecloth daily, you can clean any stains as they appear; it is recommended that you deep clean the tablecloths at least once a month. However, if you are using your tablecloth infrequently or just for special occasions, these linens need to be washed by hand in cool water in order to preserve the strength of their fibers and color.
Tips for Washing Tablecloths
Here is a list of helpful tips for washing tablecloths and other linens:
- Before washing your tablecloths, make sure to always check the labels. While some tablecloths are only allowed to be hand washed, there are others that are able to go in the washing machine in cold water on a gentle cycle.
- Use a padded hanger to help prevent wrinkles on freshly ironed linens. Hang only one cloth per padded hanger and ensure that you leave plenty of space between the hangers so that the air has room to circulate.
- If you are trying to make white linens appear brighter, you can add laundry bluing to the wash or rinse water.
- Do not put tablecloths or linens in plastic bags, cardboard boxes, or in direct contact with wood drawers or cedar chests. The fumes and acids from these items can cause the fabric to yellow or weaken.
- Prevent wrinkles by rolling the linens around a cardboard tube.
- Refold the linens at least twice per year to prevent continued stress on any one area.
How to Properly Treat Stains on Tablecloths
Before washing your table linens, it is important that you check for any stains. If you are unsure of what caused the stain, you can start by placing a small dab of an enzyme-based stain remover or a small amount of heavy-duty laundry detergent onto the stain. Using either your fingers or a soft-bristled brush, work the cleaner into the fabric and allow it to sit for at least 15 minutes. After it has set for 15 minutes, you can throw it in the wash as normal.
If you need to whiten your white table linens that have yellowed over time, you can use warm water and oxygen bleach powder. In a large sink or tub, submerge your linen into the mixture and allow it to soak overnight. In the morning, wash as usual.
Dry Cleaning Tablecloths
For tablecloths that are too delicate or large for your washing machine, trust their care and cleaning to Hangers Cleaners. Hangers Cleaners is here to help you with any of your laundry needs. Whether it is your clothes, bedding, or tablecloths, we have got you covered! Call us at 501-227-8500 to schedule your free laundry pick-up and delivery today.
Never Do Laundry Again.
We know that your life is busy. We try to make things a little bit easier for you by offering free dry cleaning delivery and pickup. Yes, that’s right. We even include pickup. If you are a returning customer, login here. If you are a new customer, click below to sign up.