9 HACKS FOR AN EASIER LAUNDRY DAY
Dreading laundry day? Here are a few hacks you can use every day so that when it’s time to do laundry, you life is easier.
Organize Your Laundry Room
The key to a hassle-free laundry day is an organized workspace. Your laundry day will run smoother if your laundry room is designed for efficiency. Here are a few tips to help.
1. Double the space you have for hanging items with pop tabs. Secure one over the hook of one hanger and use the second loop of the tab to hang a second hanger.
2. Store your laundry baskets as functional drawers. This one might take a little handy work.
Laundry baskets are bulky and take up space. Clear a laundry basket wide space from floor to ceiling and secure ridges that will allow you to store your laundry baskets as drawers. Learn how from this blog:
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2016/01/diy-laundry-basket-slide-in-organizer.html. By having a space to store your laundry baskets as drawers, you are also making it easier to sort your laundry throughout the week.
3. Have a designated space for orphan socks. One of the more frustrating aspects of laundry day is dealing with orphan socks. Orphan socks are the socks that go into the wash as a pair and end up alone. Get creative. Set up a mini clothesline and use clothespins to secure lonely socks in the laundry room. The more visible they are the more likely they are to be reunited with their pair.
Time Saving Tips
Laundry taking forever? Here are a few tips to help save time on laundry day.
4. Sort laundry during the week. One of the more time consuming processes we go through on laundry day is sorting. Laundry day will run much smoother if you take a quick minute every day to sort your laundry. (See the laundry basket storage hack on tip 2 for more advice on this.)
5. Toss a towel in the dryer to help a load dry faster. The towel will help absorb the water from the wash. You only need to add the towel to the dryer load for about 15-20 minutes.
It’s laundry day and you are missing important products. What do you do? Here are a few household items that can be used in place of laundry products.
6. Tin Foil. A balled up sheet of tin foil can substitute for a dryer sheet. This ball helps reduce static and can be used for up to a month.
7. Baking soda and lemon juice. Sweat stains are your favorite garment’s worst enemy. They are easy to get and difficult to get rid of. Use baking soda and lemon. Add a mixture to the garment an hour before washing.
8. Tennis Ball. Throw a tennis ball into the dryer load to help make towels and garments softer.
Do any of these tips sound familiar? We post laundry tips and trick on our social media pages. Follow us on social media for more laundry and cleaning hacks.