TIPS FOR CLEANING UP AFTER THE HOLIDAYS
Was it your turn to host Thanksgiving dinner? Does Christmas at your house usually involve a house full of friends and family?
Having the kids home for the holidays is great, but now it’s time to do some cleaning. Here are a few tips for cleaning up after the holidays.
Fresh white pillows tend to yellow over time. Greet your guests with fresh, white pillows every time with this simple cleaning hack.
Here is how to whiten yellowed pillows:
- Wash your pillows in HOT water. Use the hottest setting your washing machine has.
- Throw your pillows (one or two at a time) into the wash with the following mixture: 1 cup laundry detergent, 1 cup powder dishwashing detergent, 1 cup bleach and 1⁄2 cup of borax.
Your plushy, cozy comforters might not need to be washed as often as your sheets, but they will need some freshening up over time.
Is your washer big enough to accommodate your large comforter? Do you have the care instructions for cleaning it?
We clean comforters! If you are not sure how to properly get your comforter clean, Hangers Cleaners is here to help. That’s one less thing you have to worry about before guests arrive and one less thing you have to clean after the fun-filled weekend is over.
Did one of your guests bring a furry companion? Dog hair can make cleaning up after the holidays extra difficult. This is especially true if you are not used to having pets around. Chances are, you’ll be finding remnants of these furry friends long after the holidays are over.
Here are a few tips we have for getting pet hair out of the carpet for good:
- It’s as simple as sprinkling a little baking soda over your carpet before you vacuum.
- Let baking soda sit for a few minutes while it works to loosen the pet hair from the carpet and deodorize the area.
- Noticing a significant amount of pet hair in your laundry? Add some white vinegar to your wash.
- Vinegar will help loosen the pet hair from your garments and make them more likely to come off in the wash.
Did you guests use your washing machine? Packing for more than a week is tough, it’s much easier to do a mid-trip load of laundry. After a few extra loads of laundry go through your washer, you might notice that it needs some freshening up itself.
It’s a good idea to clean your wash machine every once and awhile. Here is how we recommend washing a front-loading washing machine:
- You will need 2 cups vinegar, 1⁄4 cup baking soda and 1⁄4 cup water.
- Mix the baking soda and water together and pour the mixture into the detergent container of the washer.
- Pour the vinegar in the drum.
- Run your wash machine on a normal cycle with the hottest water.
Do these tips look familiar? We share laundry hacks and tips on our social media accounts all the time. When it comes to laundry tips and tricks, who can you trust more than your local dry cleaners?
Hangers Cleaners proudly serves central Arkansas as the best dry cleaners in the metro. See these tips and more on our Facebook page! >> https://www.facebook.com/HangersCleanersAR
We are also on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hangerscleanersar/).